Today our friends, General Sentiment, forwarded us their report, "The Rise of Jeremy Lin," which was released this morning, that reveals some interesting findings regarding Lin's popularity and social buzz during the week of February 6-14.
- Jeremy Lin generated the most Social Media, Twitter Volume and Impact Media Value of the NBA players during the week of February 6 to 14, 2012.
- Users mentioned Lin more frequently than President Barack Obama on Social Media and Twitter during the time period.
- Jeremy Lin generated more Social Media and Twitter buzz than Miami's Big Three (LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh), Kobe Bryant, Amare Stoudemire, Carmelo Anthony, Steve Nash, Paul Pierce, Kevin Durant and Blake Griffin combined during the week of February 6 to 14, 2012.
- Jeremy Lin’s Twitter handle generated the most Twitter Volume and Impact Media Value of the NBA players’ Twitter handles.
- Lin’s handle, @JLin7, edged out @KingJames by more than 20,000 mentions and $1M of Twitter Impact Media Value.
The NBA's Social Media and Twitter Sentiment trended upwards during Lin's run. Lin received nearly 1,200,000 Social Media and Twitter mentions after his impressive performance against the Lakers.
This all pretty much comes without surprise. Nonetheless, the numbers below are worth a read.
Thanks to Kate from General Sentiment for the report.
... ... ...